Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I had a bad day

Yes, I said it plain as day. It was a not so spectacular day. It started out good. I was up, moving and shakin'. I played my favorite songs on my way to work, even danced a little in my seat. I felt like I might actually have a bounce to my step. Even my shoe with the cracked sole that squeaks with every step I take wasn't squeaking, or maybe I wasn't noticing. It was a great morning, cool but sunny. I had every reason to believe that today was going to be a good day.
I had in my head that my assistant manager was going to be gone today. I really don't mind him too much, but it's just more chill when he's not there. But he was there. Ok, I told myself. Not a big deal. I went to work and things were good. Then, my manager said something and I said, "Well you know, I don't have to work as hard." and he said, "You don't anyways." or something like that. Which I thought was kind of mean. THEN, I went to the next task, and a friend walked by and he said what he was going to have for dinner tonight. I said, "OK." He said, "Well, aren't we feeling a bit bitchy today." I opened my mouth in shock! No, actually I wasn't feeling a bit bitchy at all and then my manager came around again and said, "Are you having a bad day?" I wasn't until you spoke to me...I didn't say that. So, I tried not to let them ruin my mood, but in my opinion, it's really hard to stay upbeat when everyone is telling you, you're being grumpy-even if you have no idea how that is even possible because you were actually feeling really quite happy for the first time in a long time-but then because they keep saying, "My gosh! You're in a bad mood" you become in a bad mood. Why does this happen? In my opinion it shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment